Saturday, November 17, 2007

So gone

Gone is a condition that I keep myself in permenantly.
I like the feel of it.
Apart from the escapist connotations,
gone is really just the sensation of being faster than all the sludge that piles up on all of us.
Gone is the tangible liberation from all the definitions people stack up on our shoulders and from all the emotions people demand of us. I'm gone to all the places that filled my day dreams when I was five, gone to be the person I've been investing in ever since I learned to write time and draw faces and find vessels in wet clay.
So now to realize, after all the blustery exits and glossy-eyed goodbyes, shrugging off guilt and painting on confidence,
I realize that all the distance I've gone can evaporate in a single blink.
And I'm right back to the place I started from.
And that place. Is where you are.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

beautiful. amen.
hope greece is a worthwhile stop on your crazy journey this year. i dont think ill make it there on this trip of mine, but id love to get together when we get back.