Monday, August 20, 2007

slow motion thought

i've opened my eyes in the middle of the night catch my breath press my lips into each other inhale look at you and you tell me to smile and that is just the sweetest thing anyone could ask of me so i smile into the darkness and let the strange august coolness settle in my lower back and behind my ears and i listen to the streets outside and the lovers making excuses and laughing softly into the night over the pillows and comfort of the crook of your arm i peer at the world that i'm about to drown in once again and wonder why everything that is so simple and pure and appealing does not pull at me at all instead flushes me out into the night to try and stay bouyant and graceful and focused on what i want with all my heart what consumes my thoughts yet i wish it was you i was consumed with that reminded me to smile at the most pivotal moments of the day when the stripes of sunlights press themselves pasta-like against my walls and over the curve of a bare hip and milk and cereal and morning tv all seduce me out of bed into the day jealous of the night content in trading the spotlight of the moon for the blinding brightness of the sun.

No comments: